Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

South Race Street


When I found the post on craigslist for an available room in a 3 bedroom house in Wash Park, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

South Race Street is not just a street. We could be our own tv show.


Every Christmas, one of our neighbors spends a week decorating his house to look a little like the Grizwalds, then offers to help with ours! That's our cue to put up a our lights. Our lights = one strand of lights we found in the garage hanging on our front awning. And even that doesn't happen until mid/late December...


Leaf day!! Every year, the neighbors work together to take the many loads of leaves (8 truckloads) to the "leaf collection" at the high school. This year, we were hiding inside. It took a few phone calls and knocks on the door for us to finally get up and out with the leaf blower. Look how much fun we had when we finally got outside!!

Now, we're moving out and saying goodbye to South Race. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without my roomates and funny neighbors!! The neighbors on the other hand might be excited to have new neighbors who decorate their house and clean up their leaves on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment