Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hverdagsliv

Today in my Norwegian class, we were learning about Hverdagsliv, or in English, Everyday Life. Vocab included words that describe your day, such as stress, having very much to do, relaxing, tired, working overtime and so on. As we went around the class and described our days, I had a realization. For the first time in a few years, I was able to say that I am not stressed. I enjoy my days.

Yes, I am slightly stressed that I still don't have the steady job I want, but compared to two months ago, my stress is GONE. I didn't realize how long it had been since I was so stress free. My last job left me dreaming about work (not good dreams), waking up and screaming about work, losing sleep and patience having to deal with the realities of my old career.

While I don't have a new job (yet), I love where I am and I'm so happy. I am a substitute teacher at a great school. I have made some great connections which hopefully will lead to a great position in my field of expertise (cross your fingers!!). I have met some amazing people and I've had an awesome time with my family. I'm in a fun, intensive Norwegian class and I have a great apartment in one of the most interesting and beautiful cities in the world.


"If you want to be happy, be."
~Leo Tolstoy

No comments:

Post a Comment